Custom Search

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

BITCHOLOGY

Here is an interesting poem, in English though, I came across very recently. This poem, that crossed several e-mail boxes before reaching me, was originally sent by FunAndFunOnly group on Yahoo!. Nevertheless, this caught my attention and I thought of sharing it with all of you, so that more women can feel strong identifying themselves with the protagonist of the poem and more men can realize what women in their lives may be going through, inside and outside, in this world.

-R. Anuradha



When I stand up for
myself and my beliefs,
they call me a
bitch.

When I stand up for
those I love,
they call me a
bitch.

When I speak my mind, think my own thoughts
or do things my own way, they call me a
bitch.

Being a bitch
means I won't
compromise what's
in my heart.
It means I live my life MY way.
It means I won't allow anyone to step on me.

When I refuse to
tolerate injustice and
speak against it, I am
defined as a
bitch.

The same thing happens when I take time for
myself instead of being everyone's maid, or when I act a little selfish.

It means I have the courage and strength to allow myself to be who I truly am and won't become anyone else's idea of what they think I "should" be.
I am outspoken,
opinionated and determined. I want what I want and there is nothing wrong with that!
So try to stomp on me,
try to douse my inner flame, try to squash every ounce of beauty I hold within me.
You won't succeed.

And if that makes me a bitch ,
so be it.
I embrace the title and
am proud to bear it.

B - Babe
I - In
T - Total
C - Control of
H - Herself

B = Beautiful
I = Intelligent
T = Talented
C = Charming
H = Hell of a Woman

B = Beautiful
I = Individual
T = That
C = Can
H = Handle anything

2 comments:

अबरार अहमद said...

very nice. lge raho

मनीषा पांडे said...

बहुत शानदार कविता है। इसे हम सबके साथ बांटने के लिए शुक्रिया।

Custom Search